Our Major Financial Client is seeking a Senior Big Data Developer.
- 5+ years of experience in processing large volumes and variety of data (Structured and unstructured data, writing code for parallel processing, XMLS, JSONs, PDFs)
- 3+ years of programming experience in Hadoop, Spark, Python for data processing and analysis.
- SQL experience is a must
- 3+ years of experience - using Hadoop platform and performing analysis. Familiarity with Hadoop cluster environment and configurations for resource management for analysis work
- Ability to work in a UNIX environment
- Detail oriented. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Business, Mathematics or related field
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $65.99 - 70.00 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Cleanse, manipulate and analyze large datasets (Structured and Unstructured data - XMLs, JSONs, PDFs) using Hadoop platform.
- Develop Python, PySpark, Spark scripts to filter/cleanse/map/aggregate data.
- Be able to build Dashboards in R/Shiny for end user consumption
- Manage and implement data processes (Data Quality reports)
- Develop data profiling, deduping logic, matching logic for analysis
- Programming Languages experience in Python, PySpark and Spark for data ingestion
- Programming experience in BigData platform using Hadoop platform
- Present ideas and recommendations on Hadoop and other technologies best use to management
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.