A Mechanical Engineer is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Winston-Salem, NC area. This job Involves the application of scientific and technological principles encompassed in mechanics, hydraulics, thermodynamics, metallurgy, and machine design used for the design, production, operation, and use of machinery of all types.
location: Winston Salem, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $31.63 - 47.56 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Performs research, design, and development in such areas as mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, thermodynamic, or heat transfer for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy.
- Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
- Requires thorough understanding and application of standard engineering or scientific theories, concepts, principles, and techniques.
- Requires the ability to develop and resolve solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Works under general direction with defined objectives.
- Approach is consistent with established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy.
- Contacts are primarily internal and may be outside of the immediate work group or organization.
- Rather infrequent external contacts.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.